HURRICANE IRMA 2017
UPDATED MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2017 09:42 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Irma, which roared across Florida in September. The storm made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane, and at one point the massive hurricane covered the entire state.
Our Disaster Response Team offered disaster relief services in areas of Florida affected by Hurricane Irma. The team distributed much-needed aid to hard-hit communities and provided complimentary laundry services with the Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Laundry Unit, powered by Matthew 25: Ministries.
UPDATE 9/23/17: Today in Bonita Springs, FL our Disaster Response Team completed 100 loads of laundry and distributed 150 detergent pod samples, 50 personal care kits, 100 rolls of paper towels, 400 rolls of toilet paper, 100 packs of baby wipes, and 20 first aid and safety kits.
Tomorrow, the team will collect laundry at Home Depot (11941 Bonita Beach Rd SE, Bonita Springs FL 34135) from 9 AM-5 PM, or until 100 loads are reached. The team will also travel into neighborhoods of Bonita Springs and Estero to distribute relief supplies.
UPDATE 9/24/17: Today in Bonita Springs, FL our Disaster Response Team completed 100 loads of laundry. In Estero and Bonita Springs, the team distributed 100 detergent pod samples, 50 personal care kits, 100 rolls of paper towels, 300 rolls of toilet paper, 100 packs of wipes, and 25 first aid and safety kits.
Tomorrow, a portion of the team will remain in Bonita Springs to return all completed laundry, while remaining team members will begin relief services in Naples, FL. Our team will collect laundry tomorrow in South Naples at Lowes (12730 Tamiami Trail E, Naples, FL 34113) from 9 AM-5 PM, or until they reach 100 loads. They will also distribute relief supplies throughout South Naples and surrounding affected areas.
UPDATE 9/25/17: Today in South Naples, our Disaster Response Team completed 67 loads of laundry and distributed approximately 200 detergent pod samples, 55 personal care kits, 120 rolls of paper towels, 330 rolls of toilet paper, 110 packs of wipes, and 25 first aid and safety kits.
Tomorrow, the team will collect laundry at Lowes (12730 Tamiami Trail E, Naples, FL 34113) from 9 AM-5 PM, or until they reach 100 loads. They will distribute supplies in affected areas of Naples, and anticipate reaching Marco Island, and Everglades City with supplies as well.
UPDATE 9/26/17: Our Disaster Response Team completed 100 loads of laundry and distributed supplies throughout Naples, Marco Island, Goodland, Everglades City and Plantation Island. In total they distributed approximately 180 personal care kits, 400 detergent pod samples, 450 rolls of paper towels, 1,190 rolls of toilet paper, 360 packs of wipes, 20 cases of diapers, 155 first aid and safety kits, 10 tarps, 25 cases of water, and assorted cleaning supplies.
Tomorrow, the team will return all completed laundry in South Naples before beginning their return trip home.
DISASTER RELIEF DONATIONS
We will accept the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations*: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, etc.
- New and gently-used clothing: new underwear and socks in original packaging
- New and gently-used shoes
*Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Hurricane Irma Relief may do so by writing “Hurricane Irma Relief” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Irma Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
Please check to see if your company matches donations – you could double the impact of your gift!Return to Disaster Relief