MISSOURI TORNADOES 2017
UPDATED SATURDAY, MARCH 4, 2017 8:16 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the tornadoes that rampaged through the Midwest on Tuesday, March 1. The National Weather Service reported that 22 tornadoes ripped through the states of Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Indiana and Iowa. Perryville, MO about 80 miles south of St. Louis was among the particularly hard hit areas. One person was killed in Tuesday night’s storm and at least 10 others were injured. As many as 60 homes in the Perryville, MO area were considered “leveled” after the storms. The storm blazed a path that was 13 to 15 miles long, cutting a path through Perryville for up to one mile.
Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Response Team deployed at noon on Thursday, March 2 with Matthew 25’s complement of specialized disaster relief vehicles. The trucks were loaded with relief supplies including personal care kits, household and cleaning products, first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as diapers, toilet paper, detergent pods, and tarps. The team will set up a central location and also distribute products to affected neighborhoods.
AERIAL FOOTAGE OF TORNADO DESTRUCTION
DISASTER RELIEF DONATIONS
We will accept the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations*: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
*Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Tornado Relief may do so by writing “Tornado Relief” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
UPDATE 3/03: Today in Perryville, MO Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team distributed approximately 50 personal care kits, 100 rolls of paper towels, 400 rolls of toilet paper and 20 tarps throughout affected neighborhoods.
Tomorrow, the team will continue to distribute supplies in the affected areas, beginning at 9 AM (ET).
UPDATE 3/04: Today in Perryville, the Disaster Response Team distributed approximately 25 personal care kits, 50 rolls of paper towels, 400 rolls of toilet paper, 30 detergent pod samples, 5 tarps, 5 first aid and safety kits, 25 cases of water, and 100 granola bars throughout affected neighborhoods. The team also delivered the remaining supplies to a central distribution center within the affected area.
Tomorrow the team will begin their return trip back to Cincinnati.Return to Disaster Relief