TEXAS TORNADOES 2015
UPDATED MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2016 2:03 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries responded to severe tornadoes that devastated northeast Texas, particularly around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Response team departed at 2:00 PM on Sunday, December 27 with a selection of Matthew 25’s complement of specialized Disaster Response vehicles. The trucks were loaded with relief supplies such as personal kits, cleaning kits, paper products, tarps, first aid and safety supplies. The team worked with local partners to assess conditions and areas of need, establish a central distribution site, and deliver products to hard hit areas.
“Christmas is a time of giving,” says CEO Tim Mettey. “We hope that we will be able to help restore some small part of these families’ sense of normalcy and let them know that many people across the country are holding them in their thoughts and prayers.”
UPDATE 12/30: Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team set up in Rowlett, TX at Church in the City (6005 Dalrock Rd., Rowlett, TX 75088) on Wednesday, 12/30 to collect laundry. In total, 60 loads were completed. The team also visited affected neighborhoods in the area to distribute relief supplies. They handed out approximately 75 detergent samples, 150 personal care kits, 100 cleaning kits, 250 rolls of toilet paper, 175 rolls of paper towels and 10 tarps.
UPDATE 12/31: Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team collected and completed 60 loads of laundry in Rowlett, TX. The team traveled into other affected neighborhoods to distribute supplies, including 100 detergent samples, 100 pc kits, 100 cleaning kits, 350 paper product rolls, 12 tarps, and 20 cases of diapers. Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team will continue laundry collection from 9 AM – 5 PM (or until 100 loads were reached) on Friday 1/1 at Church in the City in Rowlett, TX. The team will also travel into affected neighborhoods to distribute relief supplies.
UPDATE 1/1: Our Disaster Response Team distributed supplies to neighborhoods around Garland and Rowlett. In total, the team washed 57 loads of laundry and handed out detergent samples, personal care kits, cleaning kits, paper products, tarps, safety kits, safety gloves, garbage bags, blankets and stuffed animals. The team will return laundry tomorrow, Saturday 1/2, and visit more neighborhoods in the morning to distribute remaining supplies, before traveling back to Cincinnati in the afternoon.
UPDATE 1/4: Our Disaster Response Team returned in the evening on Sunday 1/3 after a week-long trip to Rowlett, TX in response to recent tornadoes. During the trip the team completed 177 loads of laundry and visited tornado-damaged neighborhoods to distribute relief supplies. In total, they handed out approximately 250 detergent pod samples, 650 personal care kits, 600 cleaning kits, 2,000 rolls of toilet paper, 1,600 rolls of paper towels, 35 tarps, 100 Cintas Kits, 30 cases of diapers, 360 packs of wipes, 50 pairs of safety gloves, 75 garbage bags, 25 brooms and dustpans, 36 cases of water, 50 blankets, and 50 stuffed animals.
Matthew 25: Ministries is accepting the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations*: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs, etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
*Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Tornado Relief may do so by writing “Tornado Relief” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.Return to Disaster Relief