HURRICANE Sandy DISASTER RELIEF
MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES AidS Victims of Hurricane Sandy
UPDATED WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2012 4:30 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries plans to send a total of fifty truckloads of aid to victims of Hurricane Sandy in the upcoming months. Matthew 25 is coordinating its disaster relief efforts with Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble and will be transporting products from Cincinnati to P&G's mobile operations in New Jersey as well as heavily-hit areas like Staten Island. Included in these shipments are P&G products as well as disaster relief supplies such as blankets, beverages, personal care kits and products, cleaning supplies, paper products and baby products.
“This is a disaster of monumental proportions,” says CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator Tim Mettey. “It will take months if not years for this region to return to normal. At Matthew 25, we are committed to working with our partners to provide ongoing aid to these areas – aid that will help people maintain good hygiene and healthy eating habits while trying to rebuild their lives.”
DISASTER RELIEF DISTRIBUTION
M25M is currently focusing relief efforts on the areas surrounding Staten Island and Brooklyn in NY and on Monmouth and Ocean Counties in NJ. We anticipate ongoing relief to these areas, particularly the area surrounding Union Beach in Monmouth County. This area was virtually destroyed by Sandy - the homes were either leveled by the hurricane, completely flooded or have no power.
Matthew 25: Ministries will continue to post more information regarding our response as it becomes available. Please continue to check this webpage and follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date information.
DISASTER RELIEF DONATIONS
Thank you to the many supporters who have generously donated time, finances, and/or products during this time of need! If you wish to drop off supplies for this disaster, we are accepting the following items during our standard operating hours:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. Or text CARING to 50555 to make a $10 donation.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Hurricane Sandy Relief may do so by writing "Hurricane Sandy Relief" in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the "in honor of" field of our online giving form. 100% of designated funds are used for the purpose intended.
DISASTER RELIEF DROP Off Locations
(Locations other than Matthew 25: Ministries)
- West Chester Family Dentistry, Inc., 9000 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, Suite 200, West Chester, OH 45069
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 7 AM - 6 PM Wednesday 7 AM to 3 PM
Third Saturday of each month (except holiday weekends) 8 AM - 12 PM
- Daymar College, 119 Fairfield Ave., Bellevue, KY 41073
Monday-Thursday 9 AM - 7 PM Friday 9 AM - 4 PM Saturday 9am-1pm