TORNADO Relief 2012
Matthew 25: Ministries responds to Tri-State TORNADO DEVASTATION
Updated Friday, June 29, 2012 10:20 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries' Assessment Team, led by Vice President and Disaster Relief Coordinator Tim Mettey, departed on Monday, March 5 with our first shipment of disaster relief for Tri-State locations devastated by recent tornadoes.
The team delivered first response aid including basic necessities such as food, water and blankets to locations including Henryville, IN, Moscow, OH, Chelsea, IN and Maryville, IN. They also connected with partners to asses damages, identify the most urgent needs, and develop operational templates for ongoing aid.
Matthew 25: Ministries has continued to ship aid, help with logistics, and send several disaster relief teams. We have established central distribution hubs to ensure the efficient delivery of needed supplies to partners in the devastated areas. These hubs are located in Henryville, IN and West Liberty, KY. Matthew 25: Ministries' Blue Ash facility will serve as the hub for partners within a one-hour radius from here. This is a long term relief effort, and Matthew 25: Ministries will continue to help as long as there is need.
VIEW PHOTOS of our Disaster Relief work.
VIEW VIDEO of devastation in Chelsea, Indiana.
VIEW THE PSA for our Tornado Relief work.
disaster relief donations
Matthew 25: Ministries is currently requesting first response support including:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, etc.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Tornado Relief may do so by writing "Tornado Relief" in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the "in honor of" field of our online giving form. 100% of designated funds are used for the purpose intended.
We are open for product donations at our Blue Ash facility Monday through Friday 9 AM - 4 PM and Saturday 9 AM - 2 PM.
Events & fundraisers benefiting M25M
Grover's Dollar Store at 4126 Hunt Road in Blue Ash. Donate $5 to Tornado Relief, get 10% off purchase. Donations will be applied to the purchase of specialized items from the store for Tri-State Tornado Relief.
If you are interested in starting a fundraiser or donation drive to benefit Matthew 25: Ministries, please review these guidelines. For more information, please contact Matthew 25: Ministries' Public Relations Director, Joodi Archer, at email@example.com or (513)793-6256.
View information on Matthew 25: Ministries' 2011 Tornado Relief.
all links to outside sources and materials are intended for
reference only. Opinions expressed do not necessarily
represent those of Matthew 25: Ministries and its