WHO: Matthew 25: Ministries
WHAT: Disaster Response Team Departs for Illinois
WHEN: Monday, November 18
TIME: 11:00 AM
WHERE: Matthew 25: Ministries
11060 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
WHY: Provide Disaster Relief to Victims of Illinois Tornadoes
Matthew 25: Ministries' Disaster Relief Team Heads to Illinois
NOVEMBER 18, 2013 CINCINNATI, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, an international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization located at 11060 Kenwood Road in Blue Ash, is responding to the devastation left behind by last night’s tornadoes in Illinois. The disaster relief team will depart at 11:00 AM on Monday, November 18. The team will take two of Matthew 25’s disaster relief trucks and their disaster relief delivery vehicles co-branded with P&G and Cintas, which will provide Cintas and P&G products for disaster victims, along with other basic supplies like water and tarps.
On Sunday, a series of tornadoes touched down in northern Illinois, with the towns of Washington and Pekin in Tazewell County near Peoria experiencing the worst damage. Entire blocks were destroyed and at least six people have died as a result of the tornadoes.
Matthew 25 is accepting the following donations for disaster relief for both Illinois and the Philippines:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 or text CARING to 50555 to make a $10 donation.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
For ongoing information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ response to this most recent disaster, please visit their website at www.m25m.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Text CARING to 50555 to make a $10 donation to disaster relief. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer at (513) 793-6256 or visit their website at www.m25m.org. Follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Pinterest pinterest.com/m25m and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 14,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 15,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 is top-ranked on Forbes' list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of more than 1,900 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries appears in The "Philanthropy 400" listing of America's Top Charities and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the "Wise Giving Alliance Standards". For more information, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.