HURRICANE FLORENCE 2018
UPDATED WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2018 1:39 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Florence. Our Disaster Response Team departed this afternoon to provide aid to the people affected by this storm.
Florence officially made landfall Friday, September 14 at about 7:15 AM near Wrightsville Beach, NC. It moved slowly down the coast of North Carolina and into South Carolina, creating widespread power outages, catastrophic floods, and dangerous storm surges. At least 32 people have died, more than 2,300 have been rescued from flooded areas, and thousands of homes have been destroyed. Rivers will continue to rise most of this week, creating the potential for more dam failures and landslides.
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Fleet includes two Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can complete up to 300 loads of laundry a day, an Ice Unit that can produce up to 10,000 pounds of ice a day, as well as two customized panel trucks loaded with supplies such as personal care kits, household and cleaning products, first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as diapers, toilet paper, detergent pods, and tarps.
“This is a very serious storm that has caused horrific damage to a very widespread area,” said Matthew 25’s CEO Tim Mettey. “We are in contact with partners in the area and are committed to helping with the long-term needs of the victims. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who may be impacted by this storm.”
Matthew 25: Ministries is accepting the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
REMOTE DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
The locations below have been verified by Matthew 25: Ministries as a designated collection site for Hurricane Florence donations. If you have any questions regarding the locations or times posted below, please reach out to the contact person provided for that location.
Horizon Community Church
|DROP OFF TIMES:
Starting Thursday, Sept. 20
John Kirby | 513-272-5800
Lincoln Heights Missionary
|DROP OFF TIMES:
Starting Sunday, Sept. 23
Keannah Cook | 513-772-5422
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Hurricane Florence Relief may do so by writing “Hurricane Florence” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Florence will be used for the purpose intended.
Return to Disaster Relief