HURRICANE FLORENCE 2018
UPDATED MONDAY OCTOBER 22, 2018 10:04 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is continuing to respond to Hurricane Florence and the catastrophic flooding that affected most of the North and South Carolina coasts. So far, we have shipped more than 26 truckloads of aid to those affected by the storm, with additional shipments scheduled in the coming weeks.
Our Disaster Response Team was on location for almost three weeks, providing laundry services and distributing aid throughout affected communities, including Conway, SC and Fayetteville, Lumberton, Jacksonville, New Bern, and Wilmington, NC.
Florence officially made landfall Friday, September 14 at about 7:15 AM near Wrightsville Beach, NC. It moved slowly down the coast of North Carolina and into South Carolina, creating widespread power outages, catastrophic floods, and dangerous storm surges. At least 50 people died, more than 2,300 were rescued from flooded areas, and thousands of homes were destroyed.
“This was a very devastating storm that caused horrific damage to a very widespread area,” said Matthew 25’s CEO Tim Mettey. “We are committed to helping with the long-term needs of the victims.”
Matthew 25: Ministries is accepting the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Hurricane Florence Relief may do so by writing “Hurricane Florence” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Florence will be used for the purpose intended.
Return to Disaster Relief