HURRICANE MICHAEL 2018
UPDATED TUESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2018 9:05 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Michael. The hurricane made landfall 20 miles southeast of Panama City Beach Wednesday afternoon as a Category 4 storm with maximum sustained winds of 155 mph.
Matthew 25: Ministries’ Advance Team departed Saturday, October 13 with a selection of Matthew 25’s disaster vehicles. The team will assess damage, identify an initial set up location and distribute some aid to shelters and affected neighborhoods. Full-service operations will begin next week once people are able to begin returning to their homes.
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team just returned from the Carolinas, where they spent almost three weeks providing disaster relief to victims of Hurricane Florence. Additionally, Matthew 25 has shipped more than 26 truckloads of aid to partners in the hurricane disaster areas with more shipments of aid scheduled over the coming weeks.
Matthew 25 urgently needs donations of the following types to supplement ongoing shipments of relief and recovery supplies to hurricane victims:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Hurricane Michael Relief may do so by writing “Hurricane Michael” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Michael will be used for the purpose intended.
MOST RECENT UPDATES FROM OUR TEAM
10.15.18 | Our Disaster Response Team will begin relief services tomorrow in response to Hurricane Michael. The team is stationed at Walmart Supercenter (725 N Tyndall Pkwy, Callaway, FL 32404) and will provide laundry operations from 9 AM – 5 PM, or until they reach 200 loads. The team will also distribute aid throughout affected communities.
10.16.18 | Today in Callaway, FL our Disaster Response Team completed 204 loads of laundry distributed relief supplies to those affected by Hurricane Michael. The team distributed approximately 65 detergent pod samples, 120 personal care kits, 75 first-aid and safety kits, 300 rolls of paper towels, 450 rolls of toilet paper, 25 bottles of all-purpose cleaner, 5 cases of diapers, 50 garbage bags, 30 bottles of bug spray, 15 tarps, 15 generators, and 20 air blowers.
Tomorrow the team will collect laundry from 10 AM – 5 PM, or until 200 loads are reached, at Walmart Supercenter (725 N Tyndall Pkwy, Callaway, FL 32404). The team will also distribute aid throughout affected communities.
Return to Disaster Relief