PAKISTAN FLOODING 2022
UPDATED WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7, 2022 11:55 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to severe flooding in Pakistan that started in mid-June and has been fueled by weeks of historic rains. The severe magnitude of this disaster, resulting in deaths, injuries, illness and property damage, has exceeded the typical response capabilities of the country’s resources. More than 1 million homes, as many as 2 million acres of crops and approximately 3,000 miles of roads have been damaged or destroyed. The flooding has submerged an area larger than the state of Colorado.
This is the world’s deadliest flood since the 2017 South Asian floods and the worst flooding to impact Pakistan since the devastating flood in 2010. The current flooding has caused more than 1,000 fatalities to date, approximately half a million people have been displaced and more than 33 million people have been affected in some way by the flood. In the aftermath of devastating events such as these, access to life-saving and life-sustaining supplies is often limited or nonexistent.
Matthew 25: Ministries is shipping relief aid, including blankets, bedding, clothing, personal care products, cleaning supplies, paper products and more to assist Pakistani citizens affected by this disaster. These products will help meet the immediate health and hygiene needs of recipients and provide hope during this unprecedented time. Matthew 25 will continue working with partners serving the impacted areas to assess ongoing needs.
Matthew 25 has responded to catastrophic disasters all over the world, including the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, shipping more than 400,000 pounds of relief aid including personal hygiene products, all-purpose cleaner, medical supplies, clothing and blankets to the impacted region.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Pakistan Flooding 2022 will be used for the purpose intended).
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- New, in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.