M25M RESPONDS TO HURRICANE IRMA
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team Prepares to Continue Relief in Florida
SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, an international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization in Cincinnati, OH is planning their response to Hurricane Irma, which roared across Florida over the past weekend. The storm made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane, and at one point the massive hurricane covered the entire state.
The National Weather Service reported storm surges of up to 10 feet. At least 11 people have died in the U.S and as many as 7.3 million customers were without power in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina as of Tuesday. At one point, approximately 6.5 million Floridians were under mandatory or voluntary evacuation orders. More than 200,000 people sought safety in shelters.
Matthew 25 is in touch with partners in Florida and will begin active response immediately once safe access to affected areas becomes available and once our partners are recovered and prepared to accept supplies. Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Fleet is on standby. Joined by the Tide Loads of Hope mobile laundry unit, the Team is currently stationed in Beaumont, TX continuing their response to victims of Hurricane Harvey. Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team is distributing relief supplies including P&G personal care kits, household and cleaning products, Cintas first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, and tarps.
Matthew 25: Ministries will accept the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer at (513) 793-6256 or visit their website at www.m25m.org. Follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Pinterest pinterest.com/m25m/, Instagram instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: : Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 has been highly ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of approximately 2,500 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center