M25M SEEKS DONATIONS FOR
HURRICANE FLORENCE RELIEF
Flooding and Storm Surge Create Catastrophic Situation in the Carolinas
SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, an international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization in Cincinnati, OH is in communication with contacts in the Hurricane Florence disaster area and is seeking donations based on feedback from these partners to assist with relief and recovery. The heavy rainfall and storm surge from Florence have brought extreme flooding well inland from the coast.
Matthew 25 also urgently needs donations of the following types to supplement existing supplies and for anticipated Team distributions and restocking during the deployment:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team expects to deploy this week, once local authorities permit entry into the disaster zone and they can guarantee the safety and security of their team and response units. Matthew 25’s fleet of Disaster Response vehicles is assembled and loaded up at their Blue Ash location in preparation for rapid deployment. Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Fleet includes two Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can do up to 300 loads of laundry a day, an Ice Unit that can produce up to 10,000 pounds of ice a day as well as two customized panel trucks loaded with supplies such as P&G personal care kits, household and cleaning products, Cintas first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, generators, fans and tarps.
For the most current information on Matthew 25’s response, please visit their website www.m25m.org or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook and Twitter.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer or Mary Tignor at (513) 793-6256 or visit their website at www.m25m.org. Follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Pinterest pinterest.com/m25m/, Instagram instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 has been highly ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of approximately 3,000 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer or Mary Tignor at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visitwww.m25m.org.Return to Press Center