MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES DEPLOYS IN RESPONSE TO DEADLY TORNADOES IN DAYTON AND CELINA
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team and Fleet Begin Services on Friday, May 31
MAY 30, 2019 Cincinnati, OH –Matthew 25: Ministries is deploying to the Dayton area with a Team and Matthew 25’s Disaster Response vehicles. The Disaster Response Fleet includes two Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can do up to 300 loads of laundry a day, an Ice Unit that can produce up to 10,000 pounds of ice a day, as well as our customized panel and pickup trucks loaded with supplies such as P&G personal care kits, household and cleaning products, Cintas first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, generators, fans and tarps.
Matthew 25 is establishing a regional depot and staging location at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds (645 Infirmary Rd, Dayton, OH 45417). The depot will be open from 9 AM– 6 PM, seven days a week, beginning Friday, May 31, operating through June 16. The team will be distributing supplies including ice, water and food from this location to those who have been affected by the recent tornadoes, accepting donations of supplies from individuals and groups, and resupplying Response Teams who will be distributing supplies into affected areas.
Matthew 25 is deploying both Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units. Initial setup locations for Loads of Hope will be the Home Depot at 5200 Salem Ave, Dayton, OH 45426 (up to 100 loads per day) and Walmart Supercenter at 1950 Havemann Rd, Celina, OH 45822 (up to 200 loads per day). Both locations will also do some product distribution. Operations will begin at both locations Friday morning, May 31 at 9:00. Both locations will operate from 9AM – 5PM or until the maximum number of loads per station has been reached. There is a limit of 2 loads of laundry per household. All washable items, with the exception of heavy bedding, will be accepted.
Matthew 25 urgently needs donations of the following types to supplement existing supplies and for the Team’s distributions and restocking during the deployment:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
For the most current information on Matthew 25’s response, please visit their website www.m25m.org or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com or Mary Tignor firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 has been highly ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of approximately 3,000 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer or Mary Tignor at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center