MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO DEADLY TORNADOES IN CELINA AND DAYTON, OHIO AREAS
Multiple Tornadoes Leave Widespread Damage
MAY 28, 2019 Cincinnati, OH –Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to devastating tornadoes that struck Dayton, OH and the surrounding area on Monday evening. At least 40 injuries and 1 death have been reported as a result of the storms in Celina and Dayton. The communities in Ohio hit the hardest include Northside, Celina, Trotwood, Riverside and Beavercreek.
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the Dayton area with a selection of Matthew 25’s Disaster Response vehicles. The response fleet includes two Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can do up to 300 loads of laundry a day, an Ice Unit that can produce up to 10,000 pounds of ice a day, as well as our customized pickup trucks loaded with supplies such as P&G personal care kits, household and cleaning products, Cintas first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, generators, fans and tarps.
“It’s heartbreaking to see the destruction left behind by these tornadoes so close to home that affect so many of our friends, family and neighbors,” said Matthew 25’s CEO Tim Mettey. “We’re mobilizing our teams to get help to those in need and our prayers are with them as the recovery process begins.”
Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team just returned from Missouri, where they spent three days providing disaster relief in Jefferson City, Eldon, and Carl Junction following a powerful EF3 tornado.
Matthew 25 urgently needs donations of the following types to supplement existing supplies and for the Team’s distributions and restocking during the deployment:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
For the most current information on Matthew 25’s response, please visit their website www.m25m.org or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Tignor email@example.com or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 has been highly ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of approximately 3,000 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer or Mary Tignor at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center