MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING
TO FLOODING IN PAKISTAN
Matthew 25 Ships Supplies to Areas Impacted by Monsoon Rains and Extreme Flooding
SEPTEMBER 7, 2022 Blue Ash, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, a humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization headquartered in Blue Ash, OH is responding to severe flooding in Pakistan that started in mid-June and has been fueled by weeks of historic rains.
The severe magnitude of this disaster, resulting in deaths, injuries, illness and property damage, has exceeded the typical response capabilities of the country’s resources. More than 1 million homes, as many as 2 million acres of crops and approximately 3,000 miles of roads have been damaged or destroyed. The flooding has submerged an area larger than the state of Colorado.
This is the world’s deadliest flood since the 2017 South Asian floods and the worst flooding to impact Pakistan since the devastating flood in 2010. The current flooding has caused more than 1,000 fatalities to date, approximately half a million people have been displaced and more than 33 million people have been affected in some way by the flood. In the aftermath of devastating events such as these, access to life-saving and life-sustaining supplies is often limited or nonexistent.
Matthew 25: Ministries is shipping relief aid, including blankets, bedding, clothing, personal care products, cleaning supplies, paper products and more to assist Pakistani citizens affected by this disaster. These products will help meet the immediate health and hygiene needs of recipients and provide hope during this unprecedented time. Matthew 25 will continue working with partners serving the impacted areas to assess ongoing needs.
Matthew 25 has responded to catastrophic disasters all over the world, including the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, shipping more than 400,000 pounds of relief aid including personal hygiene products, all-purpose cleaner, medical supplies, clothing and blankets to the impacted region.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the flooding in Pakistan will be used for the purpose intended).
- Product donations: The following product donations will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- New and in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple disasters in 2022, including the flooding in Eastern Kentucky and Virginia, the Goshen, OH tornadoes, March tornado outbreak, and the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, and is continuing to provide long-term disaster recovery to 2021 disasters such as the December tornado outbreak in Kentucky. So far in 2022, Matthew 25: Ministries has shipped approximately 725 truckloads of aid (more than 15 million pounds) to partners domestically and internationally and helped more than 18 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts, please contact Michelle Jones email@example.com.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, check, credit card and online donations for ongoing humanitarian aid and disaster relief programs, as well as product donation support. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to the poorest of the poor and disaster victims. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ 2021 list of the Largest U.S. Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among more than 3,700 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards.” For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Michelle Jones firstname.lastname@example.org at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256, or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center