MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO
HISTORIC FLOODING IN EASTERN KENTUCKY
Matthew 25 Delivers Supplies to Areas Impacted by High Rainfall and Flash Flooding
JULY 29, 2022 Blue Ash, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, a humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization headquartered in Blue Ash, OH is responding to severe flooding that deluged numerous counties in eastern Kentucky Wednesday night into early Thursday, including Breathitt, Floyd, Perry, Knott, Leslie, Pike and Magoffin. The torrential rain has caused some of the worst flooding in the state’s history causing at least fifteen fatalities and leaving hundreds of homes and vehicles damaged. Many roads and bridges are destroyed, with downed trees and mudslides hindering first responders. Some waterways rose as high as 18 feet during the peak of the storm. Multiple water rescues are ongoing across the region, saving people trapped in their homes. The hardest hit areas are rural and mountainous, which exacerbates the flooding, making it easier for surging waters to engulf the communities in the valleys.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, Matthew 25: Ministries is deploying a selection of their disaster response vehicles including customized panel trucks loaded with P&G Personal Care Product Kits, household cleaning supplies, tarps, bottled water and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, and fans, as well as First Aid & Safety kits provided by disaster relief partner, Cintas. Matthew 25 will also be deploying the Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Unit to provide laundry services to the affected area. The team will be distributing supplies directly into the affected neighborhoods. Matthew 25 has partners in the impacted area and already had supplies on the ground, ready for immediate distribution.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Eastern Kentucky Flooding will be used for the purpose intended).
- Product donations: The following product donations will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- New, in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple disasters in 2022, including the flooding in Virginia, the Goshen, OH tornadoes, March tornado outbreak, and the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, and is continuing to provide long-term disaster recovery to 2021 disasters such as the December tornado outbreak in Kentucky. So far in 2022, Matthew 25: Ministries has shipped approximately 650 truckloads of aid (almost 14 million pounds) to partners domestically and internationally and helped more than 16 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/eastkyflood22 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram https://www.instagram.com/m25m_org/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/M25M_org. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts, please contact Michelle Jones firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, check, credit card and online donations for ongoing humanitarian aid and disaster relief programs, as well as product donation support. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to the poorest of the poor and disaster victims. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ 2021 list of the Largest U.S. Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among more than 3,700 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards.” For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Michelle Jones email@example.com at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256, or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center