MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO HURRICANE ZETA
Hurricane Zeta made landfall October 28th as a Category 2 storm leaving millions without power
FRIDAY OCTOBER 30, 2020 CINCINNATI, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Zeta, which made landfall near Cocodrie, LA as a Category 2 storm Wednesday, October 28th before weakening to a tropical storm Thursday morning. Zeta moved inland across the South and over the western Atlantic, causing at least 6 deaths, flash flooding, high winds and substantial power outages to over 2 million utility customers across several states. Zeta is the 27th storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, one shy of tying the record for the most storms in a season. There were 28 storms in 2005, including 15 hurricanes.
Matthew 25: Ministries will be shipping multiple truckloads of disaster relief products to the disaster region in the coming weeks, including personal care supplies, household and cleaning products, blankets, batteries and more.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies and for distributions and restocking during their Zeta response:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Zeta Relief will be used for the purpose intended)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/zeta20 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram instagram.com/m25m.org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M.org. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 14,500,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 18,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center