MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO KENTUCKY FLOODING
Matthew 25 delivers aid to Eastern Kentucky to communities impacted by record flood
MARCH 5, 2021 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the flooding that caused widespread damage throughout Eastern Kentucky earlier this week. Heavy thunderstorms pounded parts of Appalachian Kentucky on Sunday and Monday, sending rivers surging outside of their banks and causing flash flooding, multiple water rescues, mudslides, road closures and power outages. Many homes were damaged and families displaced. A state of emergency was declared on Monday due to the heavy rainfall across the state. The Kentucky River reached a crest of over 43 feet on Monday.
Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Response Team departed this morning for the disaster area in Kentucky with supplies such as cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, paper products, and masks. Matthew 25: Ministries provides critical first response necessities to distribution partners in disaster areas to support relief and recovery efforts. The aid Matthew 25: Ministries provides offers life-sustaining and often life-saving assistance to people struggling in the aftermath of a catastrophic disaster.
“This is historic flooding, and the families impacted will have a long road to recovery,” says Tim Mettey, CEO. “We are grateful to be able to help during this time. The impacted areas are relatively close to Matthew 25: Ministries, and we’re always ready to help our neighbors in need.”
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies and for distributions and restocking during their Kentucky flood response:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the Kentucky Flooding will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water: (12- and 24- count)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple recent and ongoing disasters, and currently has a team in Texas responding to the winter storm that caused widespread damage last month. Additionally, Matthew 25 continues to provide COVID-19 relief throughout the U.S. as well as continuing their ongoing work with the poorest of the poor worldwide. In 2020, Matthew 25 shipped approximately 19 million pounds of aid, helping more than 23 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/kyflood21 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to the poorest of the poor and disaster victims. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards.” For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 email@example.com or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center