MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING
TO THE ST. VINCENT VOLCANO ERUPTION
Matthew 25 is shipping aid to those impacted by volcano eruptions in the Caribbean
APRIL 15, 2021 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the La Soufriere volcano eruptions on the Caribbean Island of St. Vincent. These major eruptions began on Friday, April 9 and have continued this week. The eruptions have shot plumes of ash 6 miles high, raining heavy ash fall on surrounding communities and traveling as far as the neighboring islands of Barbados and the Grenadines. Much of St. Vincent remains buried under ash and the continuing eruptions are threatening water and food supplies on the island. The La Soufriere volcano has displaced roughly 20,000 people, approximately 4,000 of whom are living in shelters around the island. The National Emergency Management Organization indicated that “explosions and accompanying ash fall, of similar or larger magnitude, are likely to continue to occur over the next few days.”
Matthew 25 is shipping containers of aid to partners serving the region, loaded with supplies including blankets, dish detergent, disinfectant cleaner, paper products, personal care supplies, and additional cleaning items. Matthew 25’s partner Food For The Poor is also airlifting critical necessities to those impacted by this disaster, including supplies Matthew 25 prepositioned with them earlier in the year for rapid initial response to catastrophic events. Having these crucial supplies already on-hand is extremely important when disasters occur because it allows Matthew 25’s local partners to distribute these initial items to those who need them as quickly as possible.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their St. Vincent volcano eruptions response, and for future distributions:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the St. Vincent volcano eruptions will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water: (12- and 24- count)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple disasters in 2021 including the winter storm in Texas, severe flooding in Kentucky and tornadoes across the South. In addition to their disaster response work, Matthew 25 continues to provide COVID-19 relief throughout the U.S. as well as maintaining their ongoing work with the poorest of the poor worldwide. In 2020, Matthew 25 shipped approximately 19 million pounds of aid, helping more than 23 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/stvinvolcano21 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster relief and humanitarian aid programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to the poorest of the poor and disaster victims. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards.” For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.m25m.org.
Return to Press Center