MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO THE TEXAS STORM
Texas winter storm leaves millions without electricity and in a water crisis
FEBRUARY 19, 2021 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the severe winter storm that swept across the south this week, causing heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures across the state of Texas and other southern states. Effects from the storm led to mass power outages across the region leaving millions without power for most of the week. The extreme cold also caused water pipes to burst in homes and businesses, causing many parts of the state to be under a boil advisory as well. There have been 47 deaths attributed to the winter storm nationwide, 30 of which were in Texas. While an end to the frigid conditions is in sight this weekend, the recovery from this storm system will be long-term.
Matthew 25: Ministries had supplies in the area as part of ongoing support, and partners were able to use those supplies to respond to immediate needs. Additional truckloads of aid loaded with supplies such as bottled water, all purpose cleaner, batteries, sanitizer, food, and personal care supplies are scheduled for shipment next week to partners in affected regions.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies and for distributions and restocking during their Texas winter storm response:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the Texas winter storm will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water: (12- and 24- count)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple recent and ongoing disasters including the West Coast Wildfires, Hurricanes Laura and Sally, the Midwest Derecho, and more. Additionally, Matthew 25 continues to provide COVID-19 relief throughout the U.S. as well as continuing their ongoing work with the poorest of the poor worldwide. In 2020, Matthew 25 shipped approximately 19 million pounds of aid, helping more than 23 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/txwinterstorm21 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 email@example.com or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center