MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO
THE TORNADO DEVASTATION IN THE SOUTH
Matthew 25 provides aid to residents after deadly tornadoes tore through the South
MARCH 27, 2021 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the destructive tornadoes that swept across the South on Thursday evening and Friday morning. Intense and damaging storms carved a 100-mile path across multiple states, spawning tornadoes with winds as strong as 165 mph. The tornadoes caused at least six fatalities in Alabama and one death in Georgia, as well as downed trees, power outages and homes and businesses reduced to rubble. Significant and dangerous weather may continue to impact parts of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic through the weekend.
Matthew 25: Ministries is shipping supplies to partner organizations in the affected area to assist with immediate needs, including products such as personal care items, cleaning supplies, bottled water, tarps, trash bags and paper products. Matthew 25 will continue working with on-the-ground partners to assess the ongoing needs of these communities.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their Southern tornado response, and for future distributions:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the Southern tornadoes will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water: (12- and 24- count)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25 has responded to multiple disasters in 2021—including the winter storm in Texas and the severe flooding in Kentucky. Additionally, Matthew 25 continues to provide COVID-19 relief throughout the U.S. as well as maintaining their ongoing work with the poorest of the poor worldwide. In 2020, Matthew 25 shipped approximately 19 million pounds of aid, helping more than 23 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/sotornadoes21 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card, and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to the poorest of the poor and disaster victims. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards.” For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 email@example.com or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center