MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES STANDS READY
TO RESPOND TO HURRICANE DORIAN
Catastrophic Hurricane Devastates The Bahamas and Sets Its Sights on East Coast US
SEPTEMBER 2, 2019 Cincinnati, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, an international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization in Cincinnati, OH is prepared and ready to respond to Hurricane Dorian as it lingers with devastating consequences over the Bahamas and prepares to impact the southeast coast of the United States throughout the week and possibly into the next weekend.
Dorian smashed into the Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane on Sunday, destroying homes and towns and packing towering 18 to 23 foot storm surge. Although downgraded to a Category 4 hurricane, Dorian continues to linger over the Bahamas, dropping catastrophic amounts of rain on the islands. At least five deaths have been reported as a result of the storm. Power failures, floods and communications breakdowns are making it challenging to search for victims and to assess damage. First reports indicate thousands of homes have been damaged or destroyed and some islands are almost completely submerged. Dorian is moving at the incredibly slow pace of approximately 1 mile per hour and is expected to linger over the Bahamas through Monday before continuing its ponderous and uncertain path toward the US coast. Matthew 25 is already in contact with partners along the path of the hurricane and will continue to work with them to assess needs as the storm continues to move north.
“We are ready to respond once our partners indicate that they are able to receive supplies,” said Matthew 25 CEO Tim Mettey. “In addition to being prepared for potential weather related threats, we also want to be able to provide up to the minute information to our donors and volunteers that will alert them to potential situations, allow them to make better decisions and keep them safe during any kind of weather-related crisis. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in the Bahamas who have been impacted by this storm.”
Matthew 25: Ministries will accept the following for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended.
Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer at (513) 793-6256 or visit their website at www.m25m.org. Follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook – facebook.com/m25m.org, Pinterest – pinterest.com/m25m, Instagram – instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter – twitter.com/m25m_org.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES:
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Tignor email@example.com or call (513) 793-6256.Return to Press Center