MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES WRAPPING UP SECOND WEEK OF DISASTER RELIEF FOR TORNADO VICTIMS
Donations Still Needed To Help Tornado Victims
June 7, 2019 CINCINNATI, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, a top-ranked international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, is continuing its long term efforts to help victims of the deadly tornadoes in Celina and Dayton, Ohio. Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Response Team is distributing food, water, ice, personal care products, and paper products among other aid items to those in need from the Montgomery County Fairgrounds and into affected neighborhoods. With the help of volunteers and generous public donations, Matthew 25 has been able to help thousands of people in need following the devastating tornadoes.
Matthew 25 began full service operations on Friday May 31. Over the past week, Matthew 25 has distributed almost 200 pallets (over 7 truckloads) of aid including water, food, tarps, ice, personal care kits, first aid and safety kits, paper products, baby products, batteries, garbage bags, and other desperately needed supplies. With the help of more than 400 volunteers, Matthew 25 has been actively distributing these products from a central distribution facility at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds as well as throughout affected neighborhoods, helping more than 125 locations throughout the Celina and Dayton areas. Additionally, our Tide teams have operated out of multiple locations, completing approximately 800 loads of laundry to date. Both Fairgrounds operations and Tide Loads of Hope services at the Salem Avenue location will continue through Sunday, June 9.
Matthew 25 will continue sending truckloads of aid to partners throughout the disaster-affected areas as long as they need our help. Matthew 25 welcomes donations of supplies for inclusion in these ongoing shipments:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
For the most current information on Matthew 25’s response, please visit their website www.m25m.org or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram instagram.com/m25m_org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M_org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Matthew 25 also welcomes volunteers six days a week at their Blue Ash facility. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com or Mary Tignor firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 15,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 20,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 has been highly ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of approximately 3,000 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer or Mary Tignor at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center