DAYTON AND CELINA AREA TORNADOES 2019
UPDATED WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2019 10:30 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is continuing to respond to devastating tornadoes that struck Celina and Dayton, OH and the surrounding areas on May 27.
“It’s heartbreaking to see the destruction left behind by these tornadoes so close to home that affect so many of our friends, family and neighbors,” said Matthew 25’s CEO Tim Mettey. “We’re mobilizing our teams to get help to those in need and our prayers are with them as the recovery process begins.”
Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Response Team deployed to the affected region to help people affected by the storms. As we responded to the Celina and Dayton areas, we were privileged to work alongside over 800 volunteers who helped us distribute aid including 7,400 personal care kits, 1,300 first aid and safety kits, 72,000 rolls of paper products, 37,000 batteries, 7,500 pounds of ice, 105 pallets of food and water, as well as tarps, cleaning supplies, generators, baby items, and so many other desperately needed products. Additionally, we completed nearly 900 loads of laundry over our two week deployment. We will continue to ship supplies to partners in the devastated areas as long as our help is needed.
Matthew 25 is seeking additional supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for Tornado Relief may do so by writing “Dayton Tornadoes” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for Dayton Tornadoes will be used for the purpose intended.
HOW TO HELP
Matthew 25: Ministries is seeking additional assistance in responding to the Dayton and Celina area tornadoes. Everyone can help during this time of need. In addition to donating product (see information above for types of products needed), there are many ways to get involved. Please fill out this form below if you’re interested in helping:
RECENT UPDATES FROM OUR DISASTER RESPONSE TEAM
6/7/19 | On Friday, our disaster team washed 46 loads of laundry in Trotwood. We also continued operations at the Montgomery County Fairgounds. We distributed over 200 safety kits, thousands of bottles of water, diapers, batteries, food, cleaning supplies, and more. Tomorrow will be the final day of laundry at Trotwood from 9 AM – 5 PM. Collection of supplies and distribution will continue at Montgomery County Fairgrounds from 9 AM – 4 PM.
6/8/19 | Saturday we washed 60 loads of laundry and distributed disaster supplies throughout the Greater Dayton area. We distributed personal care kits, paper products, garbage bags, meals, ice, water, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent and more. We also collected donations of relief supplies to help people recovering from the tornadoes. Sunday, June 9 will be our disaster team’s last day in the field. Relief services will on Sunday beginning at 9 AM.
6/9/19 | Sunday our disaster teams distributed relief supplies including water, cleaning kits, baby items, paper products, personal care kits, safety kits, ice and more from the Montgomery County Fairgrounds. Over the past two weeks, we have washed over 700 loads of laundry, welcomed hundreds of volunteers, and distributed thousands of kits, paper products, and relief supplies. The team will make their return trip to Cincinnati tomorrow.
REMOTE DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
The locations below have been verified by Matthew 25: Ministries as designated collection sites for Celina and Dayton Tornado donations. If you have any questions regarding the locations or times posted below, please reach out to the contact person provided for that location.
|DROP OFF TIMES:
Starting Thursday, June 6
Barb Reed | (800) 769-4765
Return to Disaster Relief