FORT LAUDERDALE FLOODING 2023
UPDATED WEDNESDAY MAY 10, 2023 10:17 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to recent historic flooding in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Last week, the Fort Lauderdale area received more than 2 feet of rain within a 12-hour period, flooding roads, shutting down schools and businesses, damaging and destroying houses, and submerging portions of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport. At its peak, the water line exceeded 18 inches and water and mud covered some streets for several days.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, Matthew 25: Ministries deployed their Disaster Response Team on Thursday, April 20 along with Tide Loads of Hope to provide laundry services to people impacted by the flooding and distribute supplies including P&G personal care kits and products, baby supplies, paper products, Zevo insect repellant, garbage bags, cleaning supplies, first aid and safety supplies provided by Cintas, and more.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the 2023 Fort Lauderdale Flooding will be used for the purpose intended).
Product donations – The following items will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, trash bags etc.