HURRICANE IDA 2021
UPDATED TUESDAY JANUARY 11, 2022 3:52 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is continuing to respond to Hurricane Ida, which made landfall near Port Fourchon, Louisiana as a Category 4 hurricane on Sunday, August 29, the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Ida was one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in Louisiana, with an extreme wind speed of 150 mph. The combination of a dangerous storm surge, heavy rainfall, and catastrophic winds resulted in disastrous impacts along the southeast coast of Louisiana and inland. Days later, remnants of Ida caused deadly flash flooding and tornadoes in northeastern parts of the U.S.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, we deployed our Disaster Response Team on September 2 to areas impacted by Hurricane Ida. The team distributed products, provided relief services, and met with partners throughout the area to discuss ongoing needs. Additionally, we have shipped over 30 semi-truckloads of Hurricane Ida relief to partners throughout the widespread disaster region, including to the Caribbean, Gulf Coast, and Northeastern United States.
Due to the severity of the disaster, Matthew 25 is implementing a long-term response to Hurricane Ida. Matthew 25 will continue shipping truckloads of aid to partners and will continue to collect disaster items for restocking and resupplying.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response to the Hurricane Ida, and for future distributions:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Ida Relief will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.