UPDATED THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2021 11:14 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Ida, which made landfall near Port Fourchon, Louisiana as a Category 4 hurricane on Sunday, August 29, the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Ida was one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in Louisiana, with an extreme wind speed of 150 mph. The combination of a dangerous storm surge, heavy rainfall, and catastrophic winds resulted in disastrous impacts along the southeast coast of Louisiana and inland. Days later, remnants of Ida caused deadly flash flooding and tornadoes in northeastern parts of the U.S.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, we deployed our Disaster Response Team on September 2 to areas impacted by Hurricane Ida. The team distributed products, provided relief services, and met with partners throughout the area to discuss ongoing needs. Additionally, we have shipped 20 semi-truckloads of Hurricane Ida relief to partners throughout the widespread disaster region, including to the Caribbean, Gulf Coast, and Northeastern United States.
Our team’s Disaster Response fleet includes customized pick up trucks and panel truck loaded with relief supplies; the Tide Loads of Hope mobile unit; and Duracell’s PowerForward truck. Matthew 25: Ministries has established COVID-19 safety protocols and processes that help keep both the team and beneficiaries at distribution and Tide Loads of Hope activation sites protected. The team adheres to all local health agency COVID-19 guidelines.
Due to the severity of the disaster, Matthew 25 is implementing a long-term response to Hurricane Ida. Matthew 25 will continue shipping truckloads of aid to partners and will continue to collect disaster items for restocking and resupplying.
DISASTER RELIEF RESOURCE MAP
Have you been impacted by Hurricane Ida, and you’re seeking relief services to help during this time of need? Please visit Matthew 25: Ministries’ Disaster Relief Resources Map. Matthew 25 has compiled data regarding available relief resources from a variety of reputable sources and put it into an easy to access map, which shows locations where individuals can go to receive supplies, services, or additional information or support.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response to the Hurricane Ida, and for future distributions:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Ida Relief will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.