TROPICAL STORM HENRI
UPDATED FRIDAY AUGUST 27, 2021 2:34 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Tropical Storm Henri, which made landfall on Sunday, August 22 near Westerly, Rhode Island with maximum sustained winds of 60 mph and a storm surge of up to 5 feet in some surrounding regions. The storm brought heavy rain and flooding to southern New England and parts of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, with some areas seeing up to 10 inches of rain. At the storm’s peak, Henri cut power to more than 130,000 customers throughout the Northeast.
Matthew 25: Ministries is shipping aid to partner organizations that are working to help as many people as possible in the widespread area impacted by the storm. Supplies being shipped include personal care items, cleaning products, baby items, PPE supplies, paper products and more. Matthew 25: Ministries is always prepared to respond to crises domestically and worldwide when the event exceeds the capabilities of community and regional responders, or when local partners request assistance.
Matthew 25 responded to the east coast region after Superstorm Sandy impacted much of the northeast coast in 2012. Matthew 25: Ministries shipped almost 1,500,000 pounds of aid to some of the hardest-hit locations in response to the storm.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response to the Tropical Storm Henri, and for future distributions:
- Monetary donations: Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Tropical Storm Henri Relief will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.