TEXAS WINTER STORM 2021
UPDATED WEDNESDAY MARCH 10, 2021 2:38 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is continuing to respond to the severe winter storm that swept across the south, causing heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures across the state of Texas and other southern states. Effects from the storm led to mass power outages across the region leaving millions without power. The extreme cold also caused water pipes to burst in homes and businesses, causing many parts of the state to be under a boil advisory as well. Matthew 25 had supplies in the area as part of ongoing support, and partners were able to use those supplies to respond to immediate needs. Over the past several weeks, Matthew 25: Ministries has shipped approximately 11 truckloads of disaster relief supplies to aid those affected by the winter storm in Texas. These shipments have included supplies such as bottled water, batteries, cleaning products, blankets, hand sanitizer, personal care items, and more.
In partnership with P&G, Matthew 25: Ministries deployed a team to the disaster area with a selection of their Disaster Response vehicles, including the Cintas panel truck, pickup trucks loaded with bottled water, all purpose cleaner, batteries, sanitizer, first aid and safety supplies, baby items and personal care supplies and the Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Unit. In total, our Disaster Response Team completed over 600 loads of laundry through the Tide Loads of Hope program, and distributed approximately 650 P&G personal care kits, 1,900 rolls of Charmin toilet paper, 700 rolls of Bounty paper towels, 2,100 Tide detergent pods, 200 bottles of Mr. Clean, 450 cases of water, 650 Cintas first aid and safety kits, and more. We are continuing to ship truckloads of aid to the disaster region, and will be helping in affected areas long-term.
Matthew 25: Ministries has been able to establish new COVID-19 safety protocols and processes that help keep both our team and beneficiaries at distribution and the Tide Loads of Hope activation site protected while still allowing us to provide supplies and free laundry services to households whose lives have been impacted by major disasters. Safety precautions for the deployment include social distancing on-site, increased use of PPE, increased sanitation practices, signage instructions and non-contact registration. In addition, the team will adhere to all local health agency COVID-19 guidelines.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies and for distributions and restocking during their Texas winter storm response:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the Texas winter storm will be used for the purpose intended)
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.