UKRAINE AID SHIPMENTS 2022
UPDATED TUESDAY OCTOBER 24, 2023 1:56 PM EST
As the Ukraine humanitarian crisis moves into its second year, we are continuing to support our partners helping Ukraine and the surrounding countries. The crisis escalated as a result of active conflict that began in February 2022. An estimated 5.9 million people in Ukraine are internally displaced and nearly 8 million refugees, mostly women and children, have fled to neighboring countries and across Europe. Approximately 17.6 million people in Ukraine are in need of humanitarian assistance. Prior to the conflict, Ukraine was one of the more impoverished European nations, and the current crisis has increased the demand for basic necessities. Many regions are struggling to meet the increasing demands for supplies to serve those affected.
Matthew 25 works with partners throughout the year to provide humanitarian aid to Ukraine and other areas within the Commonwealth of Independent States. As an outcome of these partnerships, Matthew 25 had supplies on the ground before the invasion that were ready for immediate distribution. Matthew 25 is working with these same partners and other expanded partnerships to provide items such as personal care supplies, paper products, and clothing to Ukraine to assist people who have remained in country or who have been displaced.
Matthew 25 has shipped over 3.5 million pounds of aid to assist people who have been impacted by this crisis. In addition to shipping supplies, Matthew 25 is providing support for the delivery of internally-sourced supplies and for relief programs including feeding, shelter, medical care, essential supplies, transportation assistance and educational services for Ukrainians in need or fleeing conflict. Matthew 25 aid is reaching more than 20 cities in Ukraine and four of the surrounding countries accepting refugees. Matthew 25 is helping millions of refugees, orphans, and others in need.
This is a long-term response and we will continue helping those affected for a long time to come.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Ukraine will be used for the purpose intended)
The following product donations will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242:
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, razors, deodorant, lotion, feminine hygiene items, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- Clothing: New and gently-used clothing.
- Linens: Quilts and bedspreads, comforters, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- NEW stuffed toys: New stuffed toys only. No battery operated stuffed toys or stuffed toys over 12″ in height.