MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES IS RESPONDING TO HURRICANE DELTA
Hurricane Delta made landfall on October 9th as a Category 2 hurricane
MONDAY OCTOBER 12, 2020 CINCINNATI, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Delta, which made landfall as a Category 2 hurricane with winds of 100 mph near Creole, Louisiana Friday evening, October 09. Creole is less than 20 miles east of where Hurricane Laura made landfall a little over a month ago. Delta moved inland through the Southeast over the weekend, bringing heavy rainfall, power outages and isolated tornadoes. Lake Charles, Louisiana, which was heavily impacted by Hurricane Laura, received more than 15” of rain and Iowa, Louisiana reported up to 17” of rain. Delta will continue to bring windy conditions and some rainfall to parts of the Northeast this week.
Matthew 25: Ministries’ core focus during disasters is on moving large amounts of critically needed aid into an affected area for distribution through partner organizations. An initial truckload of aid is already on its way to the disaster area, loaded with supplies such as shampoo, soap, feminine care, diapers, all purpose cleaner, dish liquid, detergent and paper products. Matthew 25 will be shipping more truckloads of aid this week.
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies and for distributions and restocking during their Delta response:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online at www.m25m.org/donate, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Delta Relief will be used for the purpose intended)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and Infant Supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid Items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25 has been actively responding to recent and ongoing disasters including the West Coast Wildfires, Hurricanes Laura and Sally, the Midwest Derecho, and more. Additionally, they have been providing COVID-19 relief throughout the U.S. and continuing their ongoing work with the poorest of the poor worldwide. So far this year, Matthew 25 has shipped more than 14 million pounds of aid, helping approximately 18 million people.
Matthew 25 has extended their facility volunteer hours as of October 1 to Monday – Friday, 9AM – 4PM. Small groups, in addition to individuals and families, are welcome. Matthew 25 has made multiple updates to their facility and their volunteer process to ensure they provide a safe environment for everyone at their building. Interested volunteers should visit Matthew 25’s volunteer page https://m25m.org/help/volunteering/ for more details regarding hours and guidelines.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website https://m25m.org/disaster/delta20 or follow Matthew 25 on Facebook facebook.com/m25m.org, Instagram instagram.com/m25m.org and Twitter twitter.com/M25M.org. For more in-depth information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts or to schedule an interview, please contact Joodi Archer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer email@example.com or call (513) 793-6256.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 13,000,000 pounds of products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 18,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. Matthew 25 is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Charities. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked among approximately 3,500 four-star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, or to schedule an interview, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.m25m.org.Return to Press Center