CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES 2018
UPDATED TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2018 12:36 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the devastating wildfires raging throughout California. Matthew 25 has shipped more than 8 truckloads of relief supplies to partners in California, with additional truckloads anticipated. Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team also deployed to provide relief services and supplies throughout the affected areas.
The impact of the Camp, Hill, and Woolsey Fires is massive: more than 254,000 acres were burned, over 14,000 structures were destroyed, and at least 85 lives were lost with some still missing. The Camp Fire is the most destructive and deadliest wildfire in California history.
“The fast-moving Camp Fire was devastating for so many,” says Matthew 25 CEO Tim Mettey. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been impacted.”
Matthew 25 accepts the following types to supplement ongoing shipments of relief and recovery supplies to hurricane victims:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready-to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
Matthew 25: Ministries also responded to wildfires in California in August 2018. At that time, we shipped more than 50,000 pounds of aid to partners in California in response to the wildfires. The semi contained personal care and clean-up kits, paper products, baby items, detergent pods and more.
Our Disaster Response Team also deployed in August to California to provide relief supplies and laundry services to victims of wildfires.