CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES 2018
UPDATED TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2018 4:04 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the devastating wildfires raging throughout California. Matthew 25 shipped a semi of relief supplies to partners in California. The semi contains personal care kits, paper products, water, dust masks, tarps, baby items, laundry detergent pods and more. Matthew 25 will be sending additional shipments in the coming weeks, and will deploy our Disaster Response Team to help those affected.
The impact of the Camp, Hill, and Woolsey Fires is massive: more than 225,000 acres have burned, nearly 7,000 homes have been destroyed, an additional 72,000 homes are endangered, and at least 44 lives have been lost. The Camp Fire is now the most destructive and deadliest wildfire in California history. And the fires are still burning.
“The fast moving Camp Fire has been devastating for so many,” says Matthew 25 CEO Tim Mettey. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been impacted.”
Matthew 25 accepts the following types to supplement ongoing shipments of relief and recovery supplies to hurricane victims:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.
In August, Matthew 25: Ministries responded to wildfires in California. Matthew 25: Ministries shipped more than 50,000 pounds of aid to partners in California in response to the wildfires. The semi contained personal care and clean-up kits, paper products, baby items, detergent pods and more.
Additionally, Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Team deployed in August to California to provide relief supplies and laundry services in response to the wildfires.
Donors who would like to designate their financial gifts for California Wildfires Relief may do so by writing “California Wildfires” in the memo line of their check or by typing it in the “in honor of” field of our online giving form. Please mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. 100% of donated funds designated for California Wildfires will be used for the purpose intended.
Return to Disaster Relief