HURRICANE DORIAN 2019
UPDATED MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 4:35 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries has completed an initial series of airlifts to the Bahamas utilizing transportation generously provided by The Connor Group in Miami Township, OH. Volunteer doctors accompanying the team were able to provide medical care and consultation to orphanages and shelters caring for children and adults affected by the storms. The team also met with contacts and partners that will provide resources for future shipments, long-term recovery projects, and medical trips.
More than 10,000 pounds of personal care kits, paper products, bottled water, first aid and medical supplies, food, cleaning supplies, blankets, diapers and laundry supplies made their way to partners in areas impacted by the hurricane and flooding. Matthew 25 will continue shipping containers of disaster relief supplies into the Bahamas as long as a need exists. The devastation is severe and comprehensive and Matthew 25 anticipates long-term support.
Hurricane Dorian swept into the Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane and lingered over the islands as a powerful storm, devastating the islands with dangerous winds, storm surge, and flooding, destroying property and submerging entire towns. Tens of thousands of people remain in desperate need of basic, life-saving necessities.
Matthew 25 is still in need of additional supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Hurricane Dorian will be used for the purpose intended)
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- Clean-up Supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
- Candles and Flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.