HURRICANE IDALIA 2023
UPDATED FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2023 11:00 AM EDT
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to Hurricane Idalia, which made landfall near Keaton Beach, Florida early Wednesday morning, August 30, as a Category 3 hurricane with 125 mph winds, making Idalia one of the strongest storms to impact the Big Bend region in over 100 years. Idalia then swept through Florida and along the southeastern U.S. coastline, becoming a tropical storm as it headed toward the ocean. At its peak, approximately 300,000 homes and businesses were without power across Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, Matthew 25: Ministries deployed our Disaster Response Team to provide supplies and services to areas impacted by the disaster, along with a selection of Matthew 25’s Disaster Response Fleet including the Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Laundry Unit, customized panel trucks, and a Clean-up Trailer. The team provided laundry services and distributed supplies including personal care kits, first aid and safety kits, insect repellant, diapers, cleaning supplies, batteries, device chargers, chainsaws, drills, generators, fans, and additional cleanup tools and supplies throughout the region.
Matthew 25 is also shipping truckloads of aid to partners serving the disaster area, loaded with supplies such as personal care items, baby supplies, paper products, insect repellant, cleaning supplies and more. Matthew 25 will continue working with partners serving the impacted areas to assess ongoing needs.
DISASTER RELIEF RESOURCES
If you or someone you know has been impacted by Hurricane Idalia, check our online Disaster Relief Resource Map for resources in your area.
RECENT UPDATES FROM THE TEAM
9.12.23 Perry, Keaton Beach, FL | The team continued relief services today, September 12, to help those recovering from Hurricane Idalia. In total, the team completed 55 loads of laundry and distributed approximately 165 detergent pod samples, 160 personal care kits, and additional tools and cleanup supplies.
9.11.23 Perry, Crystal River, FL | The team continued relief services today, September 11, to help those recovering from Hurricane Idalia. In total, the team completed 25 loads of laundry and distributed approximately 40 detergent pod samples, 720 rolls of paper products, 150 canisters of disinfectant wipes, 190 Personal Care Kits, 30 cases of diapers, and 55 cases of insect repellent.
9.10.23 Perry, Live Oak, Horseshoe Beach, FL | The team continued relief services today, September 10, to help those recovering from Hurricane Idalia. In total, the team completed 68 loads of laundry and distributed approximately 225 detergent pod samples, 1,800 rolls of paper products, 120 canisters of disinfectant wipes, 70 Personal Care Kits, 10 cases of diapers, 15 cases of insect repellent, 35 first aid and safety kits, and additional tools and cleanup supplies.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the 2023 Hurricane Idalia will be used for the purpose intended).
Product donations – The following items will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, trash bags etc.