MARCH TORNADO OUTBREAK 2022
UPDATED WEDNESDAY JUNE 8, 2022 4:50 PM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries responded to the storm system that spawned devastating tornadoes across Texas, Louisiana, and additional states this week. More than 25 tornadoes touched down in Texas on Monday, while on Tuesday a deadly tornado tore through areas near New Orleans’ Lower 9th Ward, where Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. The tornadoes caused widespread destruction, resulting in at least two fatalities, extensive power outages, and hundreds of homes damaged. The storm system is expected to continue to affect millions of people across multiple states in the South and Midwest regions through Wednesday, bringing heavy rainfall, hail and strong winds, with the possibility of more tornadoes.
Matthew 25 shipped aid to partner organizations in the impacted areas in order to assist with immediate needs and help as many people as possible. Shipments will include products such as personal care items, cleaning supplies, bottled water, first aid and safety kits, tarps, trash bags, and paper products. Matthew 25 will continue working with on-the-ground partners to assess the ongoing needs of these communities.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for 2022 March Tornado Outbreak will be used for the purpose intended).
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- New, in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.