SOUTHERN TORNADOES 2022
UPDATED WEDNESDAY JANUARY 18, 2023 9:05 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is continuing to respond to the destructive storms that swept across the southern United States in December 2022 and January 2023. Severe weather, including multiple tornadoes, impacted parts of the south on Tuesday, December 13, leaving residents trapped in collapsed homes and causing extensive damage to hospitals and businesses. Severe weather again moved through communities across the south in early January, damaging numerous homes and structures, and causing 10 fatalities and dozens of injuries.
Matthew 25 has shipped more than 115,000 pounds of aid so far to the disaster region to help meet immediate needs of impacted residents. After a disaster, access to life-saving and life-sustaining supplies is often limited or nonexistent, and sanitary conditions in the disaster area can deteriorate quickly. Matthew 25: Ministries works with partners in the impacted areas to provide critical rapid response necessities to support initial critical relief efforts.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for Southern Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended).
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- New, in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.