U.S. TORNADO OUTBREAK 2023
UPDATED THURSDAY APRIL 20, 2023 11:09 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to the widespread tornado outbreak that took place across the United States on Friday, March 31 into Saturday, April 1. The storms caused extensive destruction throughout communities in Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Tennessee.
In partnership with Procter & Gamble, Matthew 25: Ministries deployed their disaster response fleet including customized panel trucks loaded with P&G personal care kits and products, bottled water, first aid and safety supplies provided by Cintas and tarps provided by Lamar. Matthew 25 also deployed both Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can complete up to a combined 300 loads of laundry a day. Matthew 25 also deployed the Duracell PowerForward truck equipped to carry as many as 20,000 Duracell batteries as well as on-board charging stations for mobile devices, and a Clean-Up Trailer equipped with tools and other supplies to help those cleaning up their homes and properties.
The team began relief services Thursday, April 6, in the Little Rock, AR and Sullivan, IN areas. The teams provided laundry services and distributed supplies such as personal care kits, paper products, first aid and safety kits, batteries, portable chargers, cleanup tools, and more throughout impacted communities.
Beginning Wednesday, April 12, the team will be providing laundry services in the Wynne, AR area and will be distributing relief supplies throughout affected neighborhoods across Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi. In addition to deploying our Disaster Response Team, Matthew 25 is shipping truckloads of relief to help meet the immediate and ongoing needs of those impacted and is continuing to ship supplies to areas devastated by the recent storms in Mississippi. Matthew 25 will also continue working with partners in both areas to assess ongoing needs.
DISASTER RELIEF RESOURCES
If you or someone you love has been impacted by the U.S. Tornado Outbreak, check the online Disaster Relief Resource Map for resources.
RECENT UPDATES FROM THE TEAM
4.15.23 Wynne, AR & Amory, MS | In Wynne, AR the team continued laundry services today, April 15. In Amory, MS the team distributed relief supplies today, April 15, including personal care kits, paper products, first aid and safety kits, cleanup tools, and more throughout impacted communities.
4.14.23 Wynne, AR & McNairy County, TN | In Wynne, AR the team continued laundry services today, April 14. In McNairy County, TN the team distributed relief supplies today, April 14, including personal care kits, paper products, first aid and safety kits, cleanup tools, and more throughout impacted communities.
4.13.23 Wynne, AR | The team continued relief services today, April 13, in the Wynne, AR area. The team provided laundry services and distributed supplies such as personal care kits, paper products, first aid and safety kits, cleanup tools, and more throughout impacted communities.
WAYS TO HELP
Matthew 25 is requesting donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response and for future disasters:
- Donate online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the 2023 U.S. Tornado Outbreak will be used for the purpose intended).
Product donations – The following items will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water: 12 and 24 count
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, trash bags etc.